Students enrolled at JGU with undergraduate and advanced academic standing (Bachelor, Master, State Exam, etc.) who are in the second semester of studies or higher at the time of application are welcome to apply.
- Application form
- Transcript(s) of previously completed academic studies
- Proof of general qualification for university entrance
- Certificate(s) of previously completed academic degree program(s) (if applicable)
- Recommendation form (when possible)
Application form (PDF): (in German): Includes personal information, highlights from your curriculum vitae, and your statement of purpose.
Transcript: The transcript of grades is issued by the Studienbüro [administration office of your home degree program] and/or is requested by the Q+ team. The particular form used depends on the degree program.
- For those pursuing a B.ed. or M.ed.: The Q+ team will request a transcript from the Hochschulprüfungsamt für das Lehramt [Office for the Examination of Teachers]. To do this, the Q+ team needs a completed consent form from you.
- For all other degree programs: Students should request a complete transcript to be issued by the Studienbüro [administration office] of their major (including number of attempts).
If the Studienbüro needs an extended period of time to issue the transcript, it can be submitted at a later date.
Proof of general qualification for university studies: High-school diploma/A-Levels and transcript (scanned copy is ok).
Proof of previously completed university-level degree program(s): e.g. Bachelor’s degree certificate/diploma (scanned copy is ok).
Recommendation form:(PDF): It is recommended that you include a letter of reference from an instructor at JGU (or another university) with your application. Instructors fill out the recommendation form and send it directly back to us at Q+. Please be sure to make arrangements with your instructors in advance, before sending them the recommendation form.
If you have not had any direct contact with instructors because you, for instance, have only attended large lectures, you can skip this step.
Please send all application materials as a single PDF file by email to studienprogrammQplus@uni-mainz.de
Criteria for the selection of applicants include the following:
- Scholastic curiosity and passion for knowledge,
- Interest in interdisciplinary engagement,
- A high level of motivation and aptitude,
- Quality of academic achievements,
- Engagement in social and community issues, as well as extracurricular interests.
All applicants receive a notification by email as to whether their application was accepted or rejected.
For questions regarding the application procedure, please contact the Q+ team at